Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Its all over now baby blue

Hey Everybody,

A week ago today, I landed back in the US.

It took about 3 days to get over the jet lag, and the realization that I wont wake up in a European city is slowly settling in.

I came home to a loving family that missed me dearly, and they brought with them the Chicken Parm sandwich I mentioned I longed for in Rome.

The trip was unbelievable. Life changing. Exciting. Scary. Fun. Exhilarating. Stressful. The list goes on and on.

The most important aspect of my trip was not the places I went to. Instead, its the people who I met.

I now have met people from all over the world. A cop from Greece, a graffiti artist from Amsterdam. A cardshark from Australia. A professional baseball player in Germany. This list also goes on and on.

All of these people influenced me in their own way. Stereotypes I may have once had about certain countries have been broken.

To talk to people who have never been to the US and try to understand their perspective of what the US is was quite possibly the most interesting aspect of the trip. How do you explain that some people love guns in the US but others are totally opposed to it?

Some really cool statistics of the blog:

USA:
21 states looked at the blog

International
19 countries from every continent besides Africa

in total, there were 784 visits from around the world.


I would like to thank everyone for reading my blog.

More importantly, TRAVEL! TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL! Nothing will make you a better person then traveling.

Also, if anyone knows of any jobs available in marketing please contact me. Applying for jobs kind of sucks.

Love you guys and good luck,

Zac

1 comment:

  1. Hey Zac, is that "from every continent except Aflica "....And Antarctica :)

    Loved reading it all mate. Can't wait to catch up again soon.
    Derrick

    ReplyDelete