Thursday, August 19, 2010

Out to the Wild Wild West

Latest update on me:

I have been home for a little over two weeks. I have applied to many different jobs, and I am waiting to hear back on most of them.

I still have yet to make a scrap book of any sort, neither have I gone through all of the pictures from Europe. I think the fact remains that I am still reeling from the trip, and want more time before I reflect upon it.

With that being said, I am going to Oregon tomorrow.

The first question most people ask is, (with a face of disbelief) Why Oregon??

Well, the short answer is that I have an uncle who lives out there. My part of the family has never been to Oregon, so it should be quite an adventure.

The second thing most people say is that the only thing they know about Oregon is that there was a trail that led there. AKA, The Oregon Trail video game.

This game was absolutely amazing. For those who don't know you started out East sometime in the 19th century, and were trying to get to Oregon in order to start a new life.

Sounds easy?

Well, You have to hunt your own food, and people were always getting dysentery. I don't even know what dysentery is besides the fact that apparently many people perished with it while on the Oregon trail. God rest their souls.

The first and last night of the trip we will be in Portland. I read that Portland is one of the 15 most underrated cities in the US. There a million micro breweries there, which is totally up my alley.

The meat in the sandwich part of the trip is going to be spent in Bend, Oregon. This is in central Oregon. There are some touristy parts of it, but in general it is supposed to be beautiful.

I hope to be less ignorant by the time the trip ends.

See you all soon,
Zac

1 comment: